Thursday, January 5, 2012

And so we begin...

This is not a New Years Resolution.  It HAS to be a life change.  I recently was put on blood pressure medicine and have gotten even further out of shape.  The weight I'd lost in past years has found it's way back and I've slipped into some bad habits again.  So it's time to make a change.

I'm using Spark People's calendar of 31 Days to Unbreakable Resolutions to get me started.  Day 1 and 2 are about setting goals and making them specific, positive and achievable.

My goals:
  • Lose 50 pounds
  • Excerise 2x a week
  • Walk Bloomsday
If I can achieve goals 2 and 3, number 1 should be a snap.

Day 3 is to post my goals in a place I'll see them.  I've put it on my fridge and computer.  :-o  Nothing like a constant reminder.

Day 4 is to develop an action place.  So my plan:
  • Create a weekly menu and STICK to it.
  • Limit eating out to once a week.
  • Take a walk every weekend with my bestie
  • Do those exercise DVDs that have been gathering dust.
I'm also participating in a biggest loser competition at work starting on January 13th and running for 12 weeks.  In this challenge, we are being asked to set weekly goals and if we don't meet them we'll be monitarily penalized.  What motivation!

I'm hoping to use this journal to record my weigh ins, measurements, eating and just thoughts in general.  Let's hope that I don't flake out after a couple weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following me on my journey. I look forward to reading your comments. They are very much appreciated.